Newest Processing Facility Attack Shows 'Absolutely No Protected Places in Russia's Deep Rear'

Ukraine's drones have struck the Russian oil processing plant in the city of Ufa, located some 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, resulting in detonations and a blaze, as reported by a informed individual in Ukraine's Security Service.

This marks the third SBU deep strike in Bashkortostan in the last month. These strikes illustrate that there are no safe places in the far hinterland of the Russia.

Ukrainian President Appeals to Trump to Facilitate Peace in the Conflict

The Ukrainian leader urged Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine over a call on the weekend.

"When a war can be halted in a particular zone, then certainly further hostilities can be halted as well, encompassing the conflict with Russia," Zelenskyy remarked, commending the US President's "outstanding" Middle East ceasefire plan and urging the President to influence the Moscow into negotiations.

Russian Strikes Take Lives in the Country

Moscow's assaults on Ukraine claimed the lives of 5 individuals on Saturday and disrupted electricity to sections of the southern Odesa area, according to local sources.

A pair of individuals were killed in a religious building in Kostyantynivka when it was struck, per municipal sources.

In Russia's border region of Belgorod, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a attack from Ukraine, as stated by regional authorities.

Energy Restoration Operations in Kyiv

Efforts carried on on the weekend to recover electricity in the Ukrainian capital, after Russian attacks.

Energy had been recovered to in excess of 800,000 citizens by Saturday and the largest utility provider said the primary operations to restore power was complete though certain disruptions remained.

Air Defence Operations and UAV Interceptions

The Ukrainian air defences downed or disrupted 54 of seventy-eight Russian drones sent towards Ukraine in the dark hours, the aerial defense command announced on the weekend.

Russia's military authorities stated it shot down 42 enemy Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.

Cuban Government Refutes Claims of Providing Soldiers to the War

Cuba on Saturday rejected American claims it has provided soldiers to fight in the conflict in Ukraine, while stating Cuban authorities "do not have accurate data about Cuban nationals" involved "on their own" or "within the troops of either party".

The foreign ministry in the capital said 26 Cuban citizens had been convicted to jail sentences ranging from five to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since September 2023 when news spread of Cubans being deployed to the battlefield in Ukraine.

Surrender Initiative Initiative Discloses Data on Cuban Involvement

I Want to Live, a official Kyiv program that encourages adversaries to lay down arms, said in spring: "We reliably know the identities and information of 1,028 Cubans who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in the past two years."

The Cuban foreign ministry said of Cubans who might be engaged: "It is irrefutable that no individual possesses the encouragement, dedication, or consent of the Cuban authorities for their involvement."

Kin of individuals who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 told news outlets at the time that their relatives had been tricked into joining through ads on online platforms.

Michael Watkins
Michael Watkins

A seasoned gambling analyst with over a decade of experience in online casino reviews and player advocacy.